I made it. An entire month! Okay, so to sum up: today I vaccuumed the floors as I was cleaning so the 'after' photos would look amazingly awesome and I moved the new red rag rug to find...
That the carpet is PINK. Yes, that is right, Pink. Not beige/off white any more but pink!!!
So into the washing machine went the rag rug, and silly me not reading instructions put it through normal wash (as I do with all my washing - except woollens, they're special)... and added vinegar to the wash and everything...
The rag rug looks a mess.
(Sorry, no, there is no photo).
It's currently looking pretty sad drying on a rack out on the balcony. I am hopeful that some time in the sun and when it's all dry it will look okay again.
In summary though, this month's cure has been awesome.
I've seen things in a new light. I've created an awesome hang out space (we've been using it even!). The entry way is opened up and feels cleaner and nicer. All the chemicals have a place. (Laundry ones that is).
We're still working on the Pantry. I know, I can't believe we will soon have a proper large space to actually store our food! The landlord is still getting things organised, I need to contact him again and see what's happening.