Friday 30 January 2015

Gaming and things

So a few years back I played Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO) with my ex boyfriend, sadly when we broke up he took the accounts with him. Recently I decided to start playing LOTRO again... read on to hear about my adventures in Middle Earth.



Recently I decided to start playing LOTRO again, which meant creating a new free-to-play account and creating all new characters. Somehow I've successfully managed to encourage Dan to join me, so he plays a little with me which is nice. Him and Tom are usually playing their own online games which are generally FPS (first person shooters) and I'm not a huge fan of them.

On LOTRO I'm playing with Dan on the Evernight world/ server. I play a level 20ish Elven Hunter (medium armoured ranged attackers); Dan's character is a lower level Loremaster (spell casting attacker).
Just found out that the group I used to play with regularly is still in the game and in the server we used to play in.
I'm about to log in and find out if I can switch servers without having to re-start my characters again!

LOTRO has been around since April 2007. Which is around the time I was originally playing it.


I stopped playing a little while after the Mines of Moria expansion was released in 2008 as I had moved to Wellington for university and it was around the time that my ex and I had broken up.

In the game today with my level 20+ Hunter named Starfal I've bought a house in the Thorin's Halls housing area.

Starfal is a Woodsman vocation for crafting which means I can create food from farming skills, as well as collect wood (as a forester) and create wooden things which slowly work  for the woodworker skills.

The servers are currently in the process of being moved over to all EU servers in Europe. I'm not sure exactly what this will mean for me being based in New Zealand in terms of game lag or the such, but I'm about to find out.
Slowly more and more players are also moving over into the EU servers - so I may stay on the Evernight server as it's already an EU based one.
For some reason I'd always thought that EU servers were the ones where players speak English, but I guess it's more to do with the server location and not the language/s used by the players!

You can read more about LOTRO from their website and the wikipedia page:
LOTRO wiki

LOTRO Website for the game

No comments:

Post a Comment