Monday 16 November 2015

November madness, writing 50,000 words and a Conference!

So for the month of November I have accepted the challenge of writing a grand total of 50,000 words, and in the process creating that into a novel. I've decided to write a kind of half memoir, half journal for each day of the month. The expected output is 1,667 words per day, although on the first day I only wrote 963, so I will need to write more to compensate.
Each day you can update your stats yourself.

National Novel Writing Month:  NaNoWriMo

I chose to make the title: "My Life Story in 50,000 words Lisa Taylor: a journal and memoir" as I think it accurately reflects the kind of story I want to put across. Not everything I write is the whole truth, some has been edited to allow for a flair of writing as well as to protect the privacy of those I have written about or for.
At the end of the month I will share the novel in full and may look into publishing.
It may be posted later on, in part at least, on this blog after further editing.


In a week or so it is also the NZ Skeptics Conference in Christchurch. There is still time to buy tickets if you haven't already! Jump online here for tickets and more information about speakers and accommodation.

Thankfully, we have a flatmate who will be home while we are away for a few days in Christchurch. 


No comments:

Post a Comment